This meal is a perfect plate of proteins, carbs, fibre and fat.
In case you are wondering where the fat is in this recipe, it comes from the pork meat and the butter.
- 350g diced pork
- Two carrots
- 3 Apples
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pork stock or chicken stock
- Red Onion
- Green beans
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Light butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- In a bowl toss the pork with flour, salt, pepper.
- Heat a pan up, add the olive oil.
- Then add chopped red onion and pork and fry till the pork has slightly browned. Around 5 minutes.
- Grate and chop all the carrots and apples into big chunks.
- Add the pork and onion into a casserole dish, add the chopped apple and chopped carrots.
- Add the stock, apple cider vinegar, Thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover with tin foil and put in pre heated over 200c for 1 hour and a half.
- Once the casserole has been in the oven for 1 hour. Peel and chop the potatoes. Boil for around 20 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes, add salt, pepper and the butter.
- 10 Minutes before Casserole is finished cooking. Boil the green beans for 10 minutes max, sieve the water. Then smother in mustard and add some salt if necessary.
- Once the casserole has finished cooking for length of time 1 hour and a half, serve all ingredients on plate.